Traders – HFT / Crypto
Locations: Hong Kong or USA
Why it’s good:
This is a great opportunity to utilise your experience within High Frequency Trading in traditional markets and move across to the global cryptocurrency market.
What does that mean? You’ll be exposed to fresh strategies within a growing asset class. The cryptocurrency market displays an additional level of complexity, which presents many interesting technical challenges requiring novel solutions.
We are in a strong position financially, offering us a valuable opportunity to expand the team and pursue a variety of new revenue streams. We operate with a very flat hierarchy, meaning that you will work alongside some of our most senior team members as well as having direct contact with the founders of the firm on a daily basis. We are focused on performance and results – the people that can deliver in both of those areas will receive market leading compensation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Directly manage one of our major trading books including all operational and trading-related issues as they occur in real-time
- Work closely with the rest of our global trading and middle office teams to ensure trades are booked correctly, and reconciled between front and back office systems
- Liaise with our key exchange counterparts on margin requirements, coin borrows, trade breaks, technical issues and market making requirements
- Assist in the improvement of existing trading strategies, as well as research/development of new strategies
- Participate in idea generation, strategy formulation, back-testing and implementation
- Solve complex cryptocurrency derivative pricing problems
- Develop models and tools to automate daily tasks
- Develop and utilise proprietary back-testing and simulation tools
- Investigate cryptocurrency market related products – collect, organize and analyse the best solutions to match the requirements of our various trading strategies
- We are seeking experienced traders who have worked in high frequency trading, with strong quantitative backgrounds who think in terms of probabilities and expected value
- You’ll have experience in the design, development, testing and coding of trading strategies
- You are comfortable assisting with the design, development and improvement of complex risk management systems
- Experience coding with C++ and/or Python
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Business, Computer Science, Statistics, Quantitative Sciences and Engineering or related disciplines
Auros is a proprietary high frequency trading firm operating in the global cryptocurrency market. We are a 24/7/365 business, trading digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe and possessing a team of world-class talent spanning 4 continents, with many employees working remotely and a physical office in Hong Kong.
We are one of the largest participants in the market, generating daily notional turnover in the billions of dollars. We combine a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models and state-of-the-art execution capabilities, iterating regularly to ensure robust, reliable trading performance.
Apply now: email firstname.lastname@example.org