Strategy Developers – HFT / Crypto
Location: USA or Hong Kong
Why it’s good:
This is a great opportunity to utilise your experience within High Frequency Trading in traditional markets and move across to the global cryptocurrency market. What does that mean? You’ll be exposed to fresh strategies within a growing asset class, writing more greenfield code than ever before. It won’t just be a matter of polishing and tweaking a highly tuned machine. The cryptocurrency markets present unique technical challenges and rapidly evolving trading opportunities. Novel solutions are required.
Given the excellent trading result over the past year, we’re in a strong position to expand and pursue a variety of new revenue streams. You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely with this truly global team.
We operate with a very flat hierarchy, meaning that you will work alongside some of our most senior team members as well as having direct contact with the founders of the firm on a daily basis. We are focused on performance and results – the people that can deliver in both of those areas will receive market leading compensation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop trading strategies, in Python or C++ as performance dictates, targeting arbitrage or relative value opportunities between digital assets or their derivatives, across multiple trading venues.
- Work closely with our core system development team to efficiently test and deploy the strategies within our technology platform. You will build, test, manage, monitor and be responsible for their performance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize pricing, execution efficiency and reduce system latency.
- Engage with the team during system design discussions, code reviews, trading idea brainstorms and daily office banter.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years experience developing clean, maintainable and performant code in Python and C++ on Linux.
- Experience writing high frequency trading strategies in traditional stock or derivatives markets, both making and taking liquidity.
- You like to make things happen and take ownership of the strategies you write – including pricing, design, development, deployment, optimization and profitability.
- You’re able to articulate trading ideas precisely, considering architectural impact and development effort, and assessing execution, market and counterparty risk.
- You can find the balance between delivering clean, testable, reliable code and rapidly deploying new strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
And any of the following experience is preferred, but not essential:
- Experience with high-transaction, latency optimized, distributed systems
- Experience in optimizing the full trading execution stack: market data, execution connectivity, inter process messaging using tcp or shared memory
Auros is a proprietary high frequency trading firm operating in the global cryptocurrency market. We are a 24/7/365 business, trading digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe and possessing a team of world-class talent spanning 4 continents, with many employees working remotely and a physical office in Hong Kong.
We are one of the largest participants in the market, generating daily notional turnover in the billions of dollars. We combine a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models and state-of-the-art execution capabilities, iterating regularly to ensure robust, reliable trading performance.
Apply now: email firstname.lastname@example.org