Market Data Connectivity C++ Developer
Location: US West Coast time zone
Why it’s good:
Working in High Frequency Trading and Cryptocurrency throws up the opportunity to solve some interesting technical challenges.
Given the excellent trading result over the past year, we’re in a strong position to expand and pursue a variety of new revenue streams. You’ll have the opportunity to work remotely.
We operate with a very flat hierarchy, meaning that you will work alongside some of our most senior team members as well as having direct contact with the founders of the firm on a daily basis. We are focused on performance and results – the people that can deliver in both of those areas will receive market leading compensation.
Job responsibilities include:
- You’ll develop applications that connect to 10-20 crypto currency exchanges and redistribute public market data to our global network of auto trading applications, in the most efficient manner you can engineer
- You’ll design bespoke middleware to optimise traffic patterns, minimise end to end system latency, whilst ensuring resilient transmission over diverse network topologies
- You’ll work closely with traders and quants to devise experiments to improve the performance of the market data pipelines. The improvements you make have a direct impact on the P&L the company generates
- You’ll develop low latency pricing engines in modern C++, protocol translators that handle millions of messages a second and a variety of python testing and analysis tools
- You’ll work with a technically advanced team, collaborating with experts from around the globe, from a variety of trading and technical disciplines
- You’ll be accountable for the deployment, monitoring and management of the market data and low latency middleware solutions the team has made.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years experience developing clean, maintainable and performant code in C++ on Linux
- Experience developing network messaging protocols and shared memory transports
- Data analysis using python and other ad hoc tooling to analyse time series data sets and other large sets of data
- You can have experience that stems from a wide variety of backgrounds – be it Telecommunications, Defence, Gaming, embedded systems or something else
- You can find the balance between delivering clean, testable, reliable code and rapidly deploying new strategies to take advantage of market opportunities
- Ready to work remotely, engaging with staff in both European and US time zones
- Experience optimising WebSocket and Rest protocols.
With bonus points for anyone with any of the following experience – it is preferred, but not essential:
- Experience with high-transaction, latency optimized, distributed systems
- Experience in optimizing the full trading execution stack: market data, execution connectivity, inter process messaging using tcp or shared memory, kernel bypass technologies
- Experience in a trading environment, particularly high frequency trading.
Auros is a proprietary high frequency trading firm operating in the global cryptocurrency market. We are a 24/7/365 business, trading digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe and we have a team of world-class talent spanning 4 continents, with many employees working remotely and a physical office in Hong Kong.
We are one of the largest participants in the market, generating daily notional turnover in the billions of dollars. We combine a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models and state-of-the-art execution capabilities, iterating regularly to ensure robust, reliable trading performance.
Apply now: email email@example.com